Meditation is a powerful tool that can be used to help unblock the root chakra. The root chakra is the first chakra in your body and is located at the base of your spine. It is associated with feelings of safety, security, and stability. When your root chakra is blocked or unbalanced, it can lead to feelings of fear, anxiety, and insecurity.
Sanskrit Name: Muladhara
Location: Base of spine
Mantra: I am
Crystals: Smoky Quartz, Black Tourmaline, Red Jasper
Meditation can help you connect with the present moment and ground yourself in your body. By focusing your attention on your breath and physical sensations, you can bring yourself into the present moment and release any worries or fears about the future.
If you haven’t tried a root chakra meditation yet, take a look at some ideas below. Hopefully they will inspire you to give a mediation a go :)!
If you would like to learn more about chakras, make sure to take a look at our Beginner’s Guide to Chakras, happy reading 🙂 !
Root Chakra Meditation Using Affirmations
1. Begin by finding a comfortable seated position, either cross-legged on the floor or in a chair with your feet planted firmly on the ground. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, allowing yourself to settle into your body and become present in the moment.
2. Visualize a bright red glowing ball of light at the base of your spine, at the location of your root chakra. Imagine this ball of light growing brighter and stronger with each breath you take, filling your entire pelvic area with its vibrant energy.
3. Repeat the following affirmations either silently or out loud:
- I am safe and secure.
- I am grounded and rooted.
- I trust the universe to support me.
- I am connected to the earth and all living things.
4. As you continue to breathe deeply, focus on the seed sound “LAM.” Repeat this sound silently, allowing it to vibrate throughout your entire body.
5. Visualize roots extending down from your tailbone, grounding you firmly into the earth like the roots of a tree. Feel the energy of the earth rising up through your roots and into your body, filling you with a sense of stability, safety, and security.
6. Stay with this visualization for a few moments, allowing the energy of your root chakra to flow freely and fill your entire being.
7. Imagine any fears, doubts, or worries that you may be holding onto melting away and dissolving into the earth, leaving you feeling lighter and more grounded.
8. When you’re ready, take a few more deep breaths and gently open your eyes.
A printable you might find useful when working with your root chakra. To save or print it, just click on it 🙂
Grab your absolutely FREE printables with chakra affirmations. A handy tool when working with your chakras :).
Root Chakra Meditation Using Crystals
Integrating crystals into your root chakra meditation can be a powerful way to enhance your practice and deepen your connection to the energy of the root chakra. Here are some steps you can follow:
1. Choose a crystal that corresponds to the root chakra: The root chakra is associated with the color red and with grounding and stability. Some crystals that are commonly used to balance the root chakra include red jasper, black tourmaline, smoky quartz, and hematite. Choose a crystal that resonates with you and that you feel drawn to.
2. Cleanse your crystal: Before using your crystal in meditation, it’s important to cleanse it of any negative or stagnant energy it may have picked up. (Not sure how to do it? Check out the tips how to cleanse your crystals; some useful information when working with your crystals :)).
3. Find a comfortable seated position: Sit comfortably on the floor or in a chair with your back straight and your feet firmly planted on the ground. You can also sit on a cushion or yoga block to elevate your hips if that is more comfortable for you.
4. Hold the crystal in your hand: Hold the crystal in your non-dominant hand and close your eyes (if you’re right-handed, your non-dominant hand is your left hand, and if you’re left-handed, your non-dominant hand is your right hand). Take a few deep breaths and focus your attention on your root chakra, which is located at the base of your spine.
5. Visualize the energy of the crystal flowing into your root chakra: As you hold the crystal in your hand, visualize its energy flowing into your root chakra and filling it with a warm, glowing red light. Feel the energy of the crystal grounding and stabilizing you, and allow yourself to relax into the sensation.
6. You can stay with the meditation for as long as you feel comfortable, whether that’s a few minutes or longer. When you’re ready to end the meditation, gently open your eyes and take a few deep breaths before returning to your day.
Some more printables you might find useful when working with your root chakra. To save or print them, just click on the one you like 🙂
Grab your FREE cheat sheet cards with stones for each chakra. A handy reference guide when working with your chakras :).
A reference chart you might find useful. To save or print the poster, just click on it 🙂
There are many guided meditations available on the Internet that are specifically designed to balance the chakras, including the root chakra. These meditations can help you release any blockages or imbalances in the root chakra and bring about a greater sense of stability and security. Simply choose the one that resonates with you and enjoy the healing process :).
Do you feel your Muladhara might be unbalanced? Read about 11 ways to unblock your root chakra and start the healing process today!
Grab your FREE printable cheat sheet cards for each of your seven chakras. A handy reference guide when working with your chakras :).
Canva is a FREE design platform. If you don’t have an account yet: no problem 🙂 It takes a moment to sign up (you will only need an email address and password).
Click the button below and enjoy creating your own affirmations :)!
Copyrights to all free download materials belong to Your Blissful Self. They are for personal use only and cannot be sold or commercialised in any other way.
All content and information on yourblissfulself.com is for entertainment purposes only and does not substitute professional medical advice or consultations with healthcare professionals. If you need professional guidance or advice, we encourage you to seek professional assistance. None of the content has been reviewed or written by a medical professional and any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.