The sacral chakra, also known as Svadhisthana, is the second chakra located in your lower abdomen. It is associated with your creativity, pleasure, and sexuality. If you feel blocked in this area, here are some steps you can take to help unblock and balance the sacral chakra through meditation.
Sanskrit Name: Swadhisthana
Location: Lower abdomen, below the navel
Mantra: I feel
Crystals: Carnelian, Citrine, Orange Calcite
What Is Chakra Meditation?
Chakra meditation is a type of meditation that focuses on chakras in the body, using visualization, breathwork, and affirmations to bring balance and healing to the body and mind.
During a chakra meditation session, you may sit or lie down in a comfortable position and focus your attention on each of the chakras, one at a time. You may visualize the chakra as a spinning wheel or sphere of energy, and use specific colors, sounds, or affirmations to support the healing and balancing of that particular chakra.
Chakra meditation can be practiced on its own or as part of a larger spiritual or self-care practice. It is often used to promote relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety, enhance creativity, and cultivate a deeper sense of self-awareness and connection to the divine.
If you would like to learn more about chakras, make sure to take a look at our Beginner’s Guide to Chakras, happy reading 🙂 !
Sacral Chakra Mediations
If you feel your sacral chakra is blocked and unbalanced, below you will find some ideas for mediations dedicated especially to your Svadhisthana.
1. Find a quiet and comfortable place where you won’t be disturbed during your meditation.
2. Sit in a comfortable position, with your back straight and your hands resting on your lap or knees.
3. Take a few deep breaths, inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth. This will help you relax and calm your mind.
4. Visualize a bright orange light at the location of your sacral chakra, which is located just below your navel.
5. As you inhale, imagine the orange light growing brighter and more vibrant. As you exhale, imagine any blockages or negative energy being released from your sacral chakra.
6. Focus on the sensations in your body, particularly in your lower abdomen and hips. Imagine the orange light radiating warmth and vitality throughout your entire body.
7. If your mind begins to wander, gently bring your attention back to your breath and the visualization of the orange light.
8. Continue meditating for at least 10-15 minutes, or longer if you have the time.
When you are finished, take a few deep breaths, and slowly open your eyes. Take a moment to notice how you feel and any changes in your body or energy.
Grab your absolutely FREE printables with chakra affirmations. A handy tool when working with your chakras :).
As the sacral chakra is connected to your creativity, get creative with your meditation! Try one of the meditations below or come up with your unique mediation to unblock your Svadhisthana :).
1. Dance Meditation: Turn on some music that inspires you and dance freely, allowing your body to move in whatever way feels good. As you dance, visualize the energy flowing through your sacral chakra, connecting you to your creativity and joy.
2. Water Meditation: If you live close to a lake, river, stream or… ocean, this could be a fantastic meditation to try 🙂 Simply focus your attention on the way the water moves and flows. Visualize the water as a symbol of your own fluidity and emotional energy, and imagine any blockages or stagnation being washed away by the water.
3. Art Meditation: Set up an art space with materials that you enjoy using, such as paints, markers, or clay. Allow yourself to create art intuitively, without worrying about the final product. As you create, focus your attention on the sensations in your body and any emotions that arise.
4. Aromatherapy Meditation: Use essential oils that are associated with the sacral chakra, such as sweet orange, ylang-ylang, or tangerine. Inhale the scent deeply and visualize the energy of the oil flowing through your sacral chakra, helping to balance and heal any imbalances.
5. Affirmation Meditation: Sit in a comfortable position and repeat positive affirmations that are associated with the sacral chakra, such as “I am open to my creativity and passions,” or “I am worthy of pleasure and joy.” Visualize the affirmations as glowing words, filling your entire pelvic area with positive energy and intention.
A printable you might find useful when working with your sacral chakra. To save or print it, just click on it 🙂
Remember to take your time and be patient as you start working with your sacral chakra. With consistent practice, you can deepen your connection to your Svadhisthana and cultivate greater creativity, emotional balance, and overall well-being.
A reference chart you might find useful. To save or print the poster, just click on it 🙂
Do you feel your Swadhisthana might be unbalanced? Discover 10 brilliant ways to unblock and balance your sacral chakra and start the healing process today!
Grab your FREE printable cheat sheet cards for each of your seven chakras. A handy reference guide when working with your chakras :).
Canva is a FREE design platform. If you don’t have an account yet: no problem 🙂 It takes a moment to sign up (you will only need an email address and password).
Click the button below and enjoy creating your own affirmations :)!
Copyrights to all free download materials belong to Your Blissful Self. They are for personal use only and cannot be sold or commercialised in any other way.
All content and information on yourblissfulself.com is for entertainment purposes only and does not substitute professional medical advice or consultations with healthcare professionals. If you need professional guidance or advice, we encourage you to seek professional assistance. None of the content has been reviewed or written by a medical professional and any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.